top of page

Personal Care, Assisted Living, Skilled Care What's the difference????

Personal Care Homes are "residential facilities that offer personal care services, assistance and supervision to four or more persons. They are inspected and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare." as defined by the Department of Public Welfare. This means that personal care homes help with meals, hygeine, medications, and housekeeping needs. Some homes are able to offer a lot of help, while some homes offer very little help, but are there in case of an emergency. Some homes are very small (4-10 residents) and some are very large (100+ residents). Of course, there is everything in-between, as well.

Assisted Living Homes were created, in 2011, in PA, to be a middle ground between personal care and skilled care. They were designed to be able to take care of residents with more needs, so those residents didn't have to go to a nursing home. They are very similar to many Personal Care Homes.

Skilled Care Homes are licensed by the Department of Health and often are paid for by insurance, Medicare and / or Medicaid. Many people go to a Skilled Care for short term therapy, after a stay in a hospital. There are Doctors and Nurses on staff.

Andrea Bach is the Administrator of Ark Twin Valley Personal Care Home. She has over 20 years experience in the Healthcare industry and would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding healthcare needs.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page