Veteran's benefits - Aid and Attendance

February 20, 2015


The Veteran's Administration will help defer the costs of personal care for Veterans and their spouses, through a program called "Aid and Attendance".


In order to qualify:

● the Veteran must have served during wartime, and been active for at least 90 days.

● total assets must be under $80,000 (not including a house)

● total income minus medical expenses (insurance, medications, care costs, etc) must be under $14,000 annually


Several forms are required to apply for benefits. All can be found at your local Veteran's Administration, online or at Ark Twin Valley Personal Care Home.


In addition to the VA forms, you will need the Veteran's DD-242 (Military Discharge Papers), a marriage license (if applying for spouse), death certificate (if Veteran is deceased) and proof documents for income, assets, and medical expenses.


It can take the VA up to 12 months to process the application, so come in to begin your paperwork, as soon as possible.


Andrea Bach is the Administrator of Ark Twin Valley Personal Care Home, and has been in the healthcare industry of over 20 years.

Please reload

Featured Posts

Social Security and Supplemental Security Income

March 3, 2015

Please reload

Recent Posts

April 27, 2015

March 12, 2015

Please reload

Please reload

Follow Us
Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Call us today 724-468-6200

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Google+ App Icon

© 2015 by Ark Manor, LLC. Proudly created with